Thinking about the GST software price or looking for GST software features? In this article, we will compare the top 5 GST software, in terms of GST software price and features in India.
A GST software application is a computer program that is designed especially to assist Indian businesses with their GST needs and to facilitate a proper management of the tax system. Many private accounting firms in India have already introduced their dedicated GST software programs, some of which are performing quite well.
If you are looking for an affordable yet feature-rich GST software in India with price list, read on to find out comparison list of GST software price and features.
There are some basic features and functionalities every GST software in India with price should have. Some of these include billing facility, GST compliance invoicing, tax returns filing, etc. Be sure to check out these things when looking for a GST system for your firm.
- How To Find The Best GST Software?
- Key factors to consider while selecting a GST software:
- MUST- HAVE Features in a GST accounting software:
- Top GST Software in India According to Price and other features
- Comparison between top GST Software Programs
How To Find The Best GST Software?
No two business units are the same. Accounting needs vary with each business firm and so the need for a more customized accounting software. In case you are looking for an accounting software, it is important to check down the following points or features that best serve your business requirement:
- Check if the accounting software can handle multiple bank accounts.
- Check if all records related to different business units can be grouped under one business unit.
- Check if the software is compatible with online browsers to perform different activities such as verifying records, online payments, etc.
- Check if the software provides data insights or records like what the customers buy, how much they buy, the tax charged on it, etc
Key factors to consider while selecting a GST software:
ONLINE or OFFLINE?
You can either opt for an offline or online accounting software depending solely on your business needs and ease of use. Both come with their own set of advantages and disadvantages. Some of them are discussed below. Chose either of the two depending on the solution they offer to your accounting needs.
Offline Accounting software is ideal if you have a hands-on experience of working with software tools and computers. The offline software is apt for bulk transactions. Also if internet speeds are highly fluctuating it is advisable to opt for offline software. One also needs to do a substantial amount of work like maintaining the database, regular backups, manual updating and saving of transactions.
With online accounting software, there are little headaches in terms of workload. With no installation and easy sign-up, transaction entry and data Synchronising across multiple systems is easy and prompt. Data storage and safety is no longer an issue as the process is automated in real time on an online server. It also offers compatibility across all devices (desktop to mobile). This means that you can access from anywhere anytime provided you have an internet connection.
An important point to consider is that your accounting software must have a user interface which is easy to use and get acquainted with. Also, not all are well versed in accounting terms and hence more complex features can cause confusion and error. Hence, it is important that the User Interface is simple, easy to learn and intuitive. Choose one which is least mechanical. Remember, to opt for that accounting software which all members of your accounting unit can use the software with little manual references. Each user must be able to easily sign in from anyplace and at any time.
A major point of consideration before taking the final call on your accounting software is the software’s price tag. One should keep in mind that online software costs are recurring by nature but this does not make them expensive. Offline Software, on the other hand, comes with a one-time purchase option. Though some may charge against annual updates.
However, if the firm knows the features and functionalities that they need the most and can filter out the once they can do without, fitting an accounting software within the firms budget should not be a problem at all.
MUST- HAVE Features in a GST accounting software:
- Customizable UI as per the needs of the business with prompt GST invoices generation.
- Must easily categorize business expenses.
- It must manage inventory, inward-outward stock movements, and wastage.
- Import bank transactions details to Generate Bank Reconciliation Statement (BRS)
- Maintain a record of purchases with purchase orders (PO).
- Keep track of GST taxes (SGST, CGST & IGST)
- Record-Journal Voucher entries.
- Managing records of customer and vendors.
- Keep user informed about current accounts payable and accounts receivables
Facilitate generating Balance Sheet, Trial balance reports, and Profit and Loss statements as per needs and requirements.
- Must provide multiuser support. Easily integrate more than one users working at the same time with no errors and lags.
- Multi-currency transaction support.
- Employee and Payroll management support.
- Match and Categorize transactions as per projects.
- Access rights for team members.
Top GST Software in India According to Price and other features
We have researched, compared and prepared features and price list of the top 5 GST applications based on different parameters. Check them out below.
Gen GST Billing & e-Filing Software
The application is designed and launched by SAG Infotech Pvt. Ltd. (a Jaipur based IT service company). It has been created upon the new guidelines of the GST system launched by the Government of India. The software is also regularly updated to integrate the changes made by the government.
Most Notable features of Gen GST
- Unlimited E-filing of tax returns for multiple clients
- GST compliant billing and invoicing
- Auto error detection
- Easy uploading to the GST portal
- Dedicated mobile app
- Multiple software variants with auto-sync capability
- Cloud application
- Backed by a highly secured JAVA platform
- High security via encryption and password protection
- Easy import-export
- Free Demo/trial version
Gen GST Software Price Structure
Gen GST is available in the following variants:
1. Free (demo) version – downloadable format for desktop/PC – limited to a single user/GSTIN
2. Desktop variant – INR 5000 (INR 2000/ Per Year)
3. Cloud (Online) software
- STANDARD – INR 19999
- PROFESSIONAL – INR 29999
- ENTERPRISES – INR 79999
4. Mobile App – INR 10000
ClearTax GST Software
- Easy export from Tally
- GST return filing
- Automated mismatch identification
- GSTR 2A data download
- Tax validation
- Support for all GST returns
- Real-time data sharing
- Bulk imports from excel and other ERP applications
ClearTax GST Price Structure
The software is available in the following variants (free and paid):
- Free demo version
- For CAs and professionals – Rs. 6,000 per year
- For Small businesses – Rs. 7,500 per year
- For medium & large corporates – custom pricing (contact them for details)
Tally GST Software
Tally, a renowned name in the GST software, has also updated its famous Tally software to be compatible with GST.
- Automated invoice matching
- No dependency on offline tool
- Suitable for every business
- FIling accurate GST returns
- Smooth ITC transition
- Creation of tax invoices
- Support to Reverse Charge Mechanism
- GST billing and invoices
GST Software Price
- Free downloadable variant
- Silver edition (Single User) – Rs. 18000/- plus taxes
- Gold (Multi-User) edition – Rs. 54,000/- plus taxes
A GST compliant software launched by Zoho.
- GST invoices creation and sharing
- Inventory tracking and management
- GST returns filing to
- Bank transaction reconciliation
- Reports generation
- Easy and straightforward
- Mobile application
- Free trial
- Rs. 2,499 per year for One Organization
Marg GST Software for Billing and Accounting
- Simple to use
- Easy to self-customize for every business
- Easy to implement
- Easy and fast GST compliant billing
- Accounting functionalities
- Barcode detection
- SMS/Email communication
- Excel/CSV support
- Multi-payment support
- Re-order management
GST Accounting Software Price List
The software is available with multiple pricing options to suit the needs of different types of businesses and individuals.
- Free trial version
- Basic Edition – 2 Users – ₹ 7200/-
- Silver Edition – 2 Users – ₹ 12600/-
- Gold Edition – Unlimited Users/companies – ₹ 25200/-
Comparison between top GST Software Programs
Wondering which is the best GST Compliant Software Application out of the ones mentioned above? Here’s a quick comparison to make it easy for you to choose best GST software.
|Features||Gen GST||Marg GST||Clear GST||Tally GST||Zoho GST|
|Creation of Masters||√||√||x||x||–|
|Auto Error Correction||√||√||√||√||–|
|Developed in Secure JAVA Language||√||√||x||x||√|
|Data Import to Billing||√||√||√||√||√|
|Desktop & Online Version Synchronization||√||x||x||√||–|
|Handle TDS and TCS Declarations||x||x||√||x||–|
|Industry Specific Format||√||x||x||x||–|
|Indication for Loss, Min, Max, New / Old Rate & Expiry||x||√||x||x||–|
|Salesman / Route / Area Wise Bills & Reports||x||√||x||x||x|