What is ARN Number? And How does ARN status work under GST payment in India?
ARN number stands for Application Reference Number which is generated after the submission of the enrollment application, which is signed electronically or Digital Signature (DSC) at GSTN Portal. Under this, a unique number is provided for doing any transaction at GST System Portal. It must be noted that ARN no. can also be used in the future course of GST.
After submitting the enrollment application successfully at the GST System Portal, ARN number will be created automatically. In Fact, you also can use ARN for tracking the position of your enrollment application. ARN status will help existing taxpayers to migrate them into new Goods and Services Tax (GST). GST portal is the official portal created by the government authorities which will help to do all activities of GST through online. ARN number is basically used for checking GST registration status online.
ARN (Application Reference Number) status is the official proof that you have successfully applied for GST registration. It is a unique number that can be used to track the online status of your GST portal registration application.
After the implementation of GST system in India, each eligible taxpayer is required to register on the portal and file regular tax returns. Taxpayers are advised to keep their ARN secure as it will be used for many purposes in addition to checking the ARN number status.
Documents Required for ARN (Application Reference Number):
- Directors or partners list along with their identification and address proof. It is necessary to mention that you are doing business in the partnership or incorporation
- Memorandum of Association (MOA)/ Articles of Association (AOA), Certificate of incorporation, partnership deed
PAN Card of Business Organization
- Canceled cheque of bank account in which mentioned account holder name, IFSC code, MICR and branch details of bank
- Rent agreement or electricity bill as a feature and document of area of business
How to check ARN Status?
- Go to this link – https://www.gst.gov.in/
- Click on ‘Existing User Login’ Button
- Enter ID, Password, and Captcha
- Click ‘Continue Button’ on next page
- Click ‘Saved Application’ on top tab
- Application Status will be displayed
Also, your ARN Number Status will be sent to your registered mobile number.
Important Announcement According to GST portal:
- If a Taxpayer has received application reference number (ARN), then he/she should be able to download the Provisional Registration Certificate from ‘Download Certificates’ available at GST website.
- Any Taxpayer, who has saved the enrolment form with all details but has yet not submitted the same with DSC, E-Sign or EVC, then he/she will receive the ARN at their registered email ID, if the data given are successfully validated. And if validation fails, the taxpayer would be able to log into the same portal onwards and correct the errors. One can also get the details of the errors via registered email.
- A Taxpayer, who has partially completed the enrolment form can log in to the portal from the above-mentioned date and complete the rest part of the form.
- If An existing Taxpayer wishes to register under GST then he /she will be able to apply for new registration at the GST portal.